|Christina Hendricks - making pale skin fashionable again|
I am not going to lie at first I really struggled without my tanner. I was like a drug addict going through withdrawl. Everywhere I looked there seemed to be girls with gorgeous skin hues showing off their lovely tanned arms, I felt so insecure and pretty ugly. I couldn't even find a foundation shade that didn't make me look like a zombie.
As the months passed I started to feel more confident with my ghostly appearance and although I still look at pictures of Brazillian beauties like Alessandra Ambrosio with glowing glittering tanned skin I can now say to myself "well thats fine for them but it's not really who I am" :-)
So in light of my epiphany I bring you the top 5 reasons why being pale is actually not that bad...
1. No skin tone looks better with bright lipstick than pale skin does. Especially the classic bright red, it really stands out and looks utterly breathtaking. For this reason alone I think you can buy yourself a few new lippies!
2. You are different. Most people prefer to have tanned skin or wear tanner so if you are paler than pale you will actually stand out and be a little bit unique.
3. You don't have to worry about the winter when the sun is away, the sky is dull and your fake tan looks like an orange mess that you can see all the streaks and patches you have missed. No. You can show your arms and face in pride knowing that you probably look closer to a Christmas Angel than anybody else!
4. Everyone knows skin cancer is a huge problem related to over exposure to the sun. The good thing about being pale is that we burn REALLY easily so we can pretty much tell straight away when we've had enough sun or we need to reapply our sun screen. Red shows up pretty quick against white skin.
5. If you are naturally pale then it is who you really are. There is nothing more empowering than embracing the truth of yourself!
And lastly, don't forget Ed Sheeran actually wrote about you in his song.. white lips, Pale face breathing in snow flakes.
Well that is it, I hope you enjoyed my little post. Thanks so much to Kat for letting me guest post. She is certainly a gorgeous reason enough to embrace the pale :-) Lots of Love Ashly xxx