I like to make the most of my time in bed of a morning, so I have a standard daily 'work' makeup routine that I can do in under 8 minutes (very specific, I know!).
At the weekend I like to mix it up a little more when i'm not under the time pressure of a daily commute, but for work, here's what I got to most mornings (clockwise):
- Bare Minerals foundation - easy to apply, looks good all day, and gives me a nice, light coverage
- MUA Undressed palette - I vary between using the gold/bronze shades and sometimes the shimmery pink base colour with a hint of grey.
- Benefit Posietint - gives just a hint of colour on my cheeks and looks nice and natural given my fair colouring.
- Benefit High Beam - I use this as a highlighter on my cheekbones to liven up my complexion a little.
- Shu Uemura eyelash curlers - love these, full review here.
- Lancome Hypnose Mascara in black - I use this every day without fail, it builds up a nice amount of volume on my blond lashes without clumping and lasts all day.
- YSL Touche Eclat - this goes on as an under eye concealer - I have little dark circles so this covers them nicely for me.
- Hourglass Script eyeliner in black - I love this, it has a super fine nib and enables me to get the 60's flick i favour really easily. Full review here.
- Vintage compact mirror - I bought this a few years ago and love it. It dates from the 60's, has a pheasant on the front and is probably the most treasured item in my makeup bag as I know I can't replace it!