Beauty tips - how to make your lipstick last longer
1. Prep your lips before application - buff away dead skin cells using a gentle lip scrub (try Lush's sugar scrubs) or very gently with a clean toothbrush. By exfoliating the surface it will help give lips something to cling on to and also will stop any dry patches showing through
2. Use a lip liner in a similar shade to your lippie to cover your lips entirely. Start with the outline and then fill them in all over. This will give your lipstick a good base and also add long-lasting colour underneath it if it starts to wear off.
3. Apply, blot and re-apply. A two layer process will ensure you get the best coverage and also aid lasting power. Apply a coat of lipstick, blot with a tissue and then re-apply another coat on top.
4. Try Lipcote - a seriously retro product, Lipcote helps to seal in your lipstick, making it last for hours and hours. It can be very drying, so make sure you top up with a bit of balm on top.
5. Use matte finish or satin lipsticks. These will last a lot longer than those with glossy or lighter textures.
If all else fails, make sure you've got a compact mirror and your lippie in your handbag for a top up!
Have you tried any of these tips before?
© Tales of a Pale Face | UK beauty blog | All rights reserved.