I've been thinking a lot about what I want 2013 to bring and so I wanted to share with you my resolutions for the next 12 months. I know i'm a few days early, but I do like to get a head start!
1. Remember that what goes into my body shows up on the outside. I've tried a lot of diets in the past, and all they seem to do is leave me looking pasty, my skin flaky and generally tired. This year I want to focus on healthy eating, not for weight loss, but instead to give my body all the nutrients it needs (having chocolate instead of salmon is not ok, despite the fact they contain the same number of calories!).
2. Don't buy things just because everyone else is. I'm a pretty good judge of whether a product will suit me or not, but I still find it easy to get sucked into product hype. So for the next 12 months, I want to make sure my purchases reflect me, not just the beauty trends.
3. Use up my stash. It's ridiculous and just keeps getting bigger, so for the month of January, I will be attempting a spending ban. I have one date that will be excluded from this, but other than that, I will be cutting out whimful purchases (full post to come on this!).
4. Keep blogging. 2012 saw the birth of this blog and I hope to continue it all the way through 2013. I've already met some wonderful people through this blog, and can't wait to see what 2013 brings.
5. Say YES to more things. This isn't really beauty related, but over the past year or so, I've found myself hiding away a bit and not doing things that before I would have leapt at. Instead I seem to keep saying 'no' and I've found that I've lost a bit of my sense of self. So for the next year, I want to say 'yes' to more things and re-find myself (in a non-hippy way).
So those are my resolutions for 2013. What are yours?