Ingredients (for around 15 servings):
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
130ml honey or maple syrup (whichever you prefer)
1tsp vanilla extract
300g rolled oats
120g seeds of your choice (I use a mix of sunflower and pumpkin)
120g nuts of your choice, chopped
100g dried fruit or dried berries
- Heat your oven to 150 degrees/gas mark 2
- In a big bowl, mix all of the ingredients together except for the nuts and dried berries
- Tip your granola onto two large baking sheets (line with grease proof paper to stop any sticking) and spread out evenly
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Add the chopped nuts and dried fruit and mix together again, baking for another 10-15 minutes
- Leave to cool, and store in an airtight container for up to a month (if it lasts that long!)
Simple! You can adapt the recipe by adding whichever nuts/seeds/dried fruit you have to hand and all of them taste pretty good! It works out to around 250 calories per portion, so like all granola, will never be low calorie, but at least you know exactly what's gone in to yours!
Have you tried making your own granola before? Let me know what you think of this recipe!