|Just part of my stash *shame face*|
I have however learnt a few things from doing it, so I thought I would share them with you.
1. I can not spend money. This is possible.
2. I am an impulse purchaser. Give me some cash and free reign and I'll get over excited and splurge on stuff I hadn't planned to. This very often leads to buyers remorse.
3. You will not die if you don't buy the latest releases and/or limited edition products. It might feel like it, but see point 2.
4. Don't forget you actually need to buy clothes and shoes too. For the past few months all of my spare cash has gone on beauty products. Whilst I love them, my wardrobe is feeling a little neglected!
5. When I actually look at it, I'm quite ashamed of the size of my stash. I need to actually use some of the products I already have before buying new ones.
6. I spend a LOT of money on food whilst at work. The culture there is to buy lunch out and I've got sucked into it a little. Taking my own lunches a few times a week has made me realise I can be healthier and spend less money each week.
I'm planning to continue cutting down on my spending over the coming months. Yes there will be hauls, and yes, I will buy things but I've learnt that often I buy things not because I need them, or even because I want them, but purely for the sake of filling time and/or buying 'something'.
That's the biggest change I plan to make. What's yours?