A few weeks off has given me a fresh perspective on things and the type of content I want to focus on. I’ll be opening up the blog to focus everything from beauty to travel and food to fashion. It’s nearly 4 years since I started writing Tales of a Pale Face and as time has gone on, I’ve realised that I need to write about ALL the things I love, not just my lipstick obsession.
So to kick things off, I thought I’d share what I’ve been loving this week. You’ll probably find this becoming a semi-regular feature over the next few months; partly as I’m not organised to stick to it every week or every month and partly because I love a good old roundup post!
Without further ado, here are this week's favourite things:
1. Toasted marshmallows – a 2 night camping trip meant it was the perfect excuse to go old school and toast up some marshmallows. I’d forgotten how addictive those little sugary balls can be, so after working my way through half a bag on the campfire, I felt a *tiny* bit sick. I’m still not sure why the pink ones taste better than the white, but they do. So there. Top tip – don’t try to improvise a marshmallow toasting skewer using a Daim Bar Mikado – it will melt, you will burn yourself and it will all go horribly wrong. Hashtag GUILTY.
2. L’Oreal Miss Hippie Mascara – I don’t normally like L’Oreal mascaras (sorry L’Oreal) but this one has proved to be a big hit for me. It gives such good volume with a nice fluttery finish and doesn’t smudge all over your eyelid, even on a hot day on the Central line. It’s a *tiny* bit of a pain in the arse to get off, so you’ll need a decent remover, but that aside, I’m definitely going to repurchase it.
3. My copper pineapple goblet – after seeing these bad boys rock up all over Instagram of late, I knew I had to get one. Thankfully Oliver Bonas had one in stock that wasn’t eye-wateringly expensive, so they came to my pineapple-obsessed rescue on that one. It’s currently being used as a makeup brush holder because I’m shallow and it looks good in photos, but this weekend I’m determined to get some gin in it instead and swank around my lounge pretending to be somewhere fancy.
4. Jumpsuits – what started out as an innocent Primark purchase has now turned into a full on obsession. Leanne sent me a link to an M&S sale beauty last week and while I was shoving it in my basket, I saw another pinafore style one in the sidebar. I decided to throw caution to the wind and order both and they turned up earlier this week and actually fitted with zero signs of muffin top or camel toe. Cue a 70s disco revival in my wardrobe.
5. Escentric Molecules Molecule 01 fragrance – I can’t honestly tell you how this one smells as it disappears on me as soon as I’ve sprayed it, but it mingles with each person’s skin to create something unique. Although you can’t smell it, other people can, and I get no end of ‘you smell good’ compliments from random people whenever I wear it. I’ve been wearing it non-stop for the past few weeks, to the point where mine is almost out and I need to buy a refill.
6. Not painting my nails – bit of a weird one considering I’ve called myself a beauty blogger for several years now, but I’ve not worn nail polish for almost a month now and my nails have never felt stronger. Beforehand, they were all a bit dry and flaky and used to split at any opportunity so I thought I’d give them a rest and now I have proper talons! The lure of a bit of colour is strong though, so I plan to find a conditioning formula over the weekend and liven things up a little.
7. Meeting Jay Manuel from ANTM – as a hardcore ANTM fan back in the day, I had a real fan girl moment at the launch of his new makeup line earlier this week. I spent a LOT of time in front of America’s Next Top Model, practising the ‘smize’ in my mirror and generally just loving the whole thing. Jay was so friendly and easy to chat to – and unbelievable knowledgeable about his products too. It’s clear he’s not just the face of the brand but has spent a lot of time on getting the formulas *just* right. Full review to come on that soon, but if you’re impatient, you can find the whole line at QVC now.
What have you been loving this week?
*contains PR samples