If you’re a bit stuck on what to get a beauty addict for Christmas, why not have a go at making your own customised beauty hamper? They’re so easy to make (steps below) and can be completely tailored to the individual. They also don’t have to be expensive – all of my beauty hamper bits came from Boots*, so why not make the most of 3 for 2 offers and gift sets to make your budget stretch that little bit further. You could also include samples or minis that you’ve got already at home, plus a few christmasy chocolates to cover all the bases (hello Lindt balls).
To make your own hamper, you’ll need:
Gifts of your choice
An empty box big enough to fit your gifts in
1. Decide on a budget and choose the gifts you want to fill your box with.
2. Grab a box that will fit all of your goodies (Paperchase have some good ones, but an empty shoebox would work just as well!), your chosen colour of tissue paper, stuffing, ribbons and gift tags. Oh, and sellotape. Don’t forget the sellotape!
3. Cover the outside of the box with wrapping paper, taping the loose edges of the paper inside the box if you can so they won’t be visible once the hamper is made.
4. Grab some shredded tissue paper to build a little shelf inside your box. This will help with the layering of the products and make it easier to see everything inside when you’re finished.
5. Add all of your gift items, putting the taller ones at the back and the shorter ones at the front. You might have to play around with the layout a little to get the perfect arrangement, but it will be well worth it!
6. Once you’re happy with how it looks, grab a sheet of clear cellophane and cover the top of the box. Secure with some sellotape on the bottom of the box to keep it in place.
7. Add a gift tag, ribbon and any other decorative bits to the box/cellophane and you’re done!
I think these would make a lovely gift for any beauty lover (male or female) and it’s a simple but effective way to give that personal touch to gifting. I’m going to be creating a special beauty hamper to giveaway later this month, so make sure you come back and enter! There’ll be lots of lovely goodies inside to win.
If you fancy some more hamper inspiration, the lovely team at Boots have put together a short video on their top tips for creating one at home. And make sure you check out their 3 for 2 gift offers – it really does help to stretch your budget!
What would you like to see in a beauty hamper?
*Products kindly supplied by the Boots team